Monday, March 18, 2013

Mama Rika Missionary Update...In a Tree and Limited Sleep

This past week was a transfer week, it was extremely exhausting. We had 3 or 4 days his week where we were up around 4 and to bed around 11. It was nuts. Since the last time I emailed was on Wednesday, we'll start there.


Typical Pday stuff, laundry, clean up, emails, etc. Things were pretty relaxed until later that night when we had to make sure everything was going to work for transfers the next day. Lots of phone calls there.


This was one of those early morning ones. Transfer days are usually pretty crazy. The morning part went off without a hitch. It was early enough that we were able to get home by 6:30 still. We did a few things that morning, probably the most unique was going to the Family History Library to find out how we could better use it in our proselyting efforts. The lady there got me onto the familysearch website, and she thought that Mormor's name was so beautiful. She made me say it several times, just to hear it again. lol it was pretty great. 

The transfer train coming back was about an hour late. (we call it the transfer train, but really it's just a couple of big vans and a moving truck for baggage.) When he finally got to Roanoke, we found out we were missing a new missionary. We were supposed to have 3, but only had two, and neither of their rides out to Buena Vista Zone had showed up yet. talk about a nightmare in the making. 

Thankfully, after a few phone calls, we found out there was just an error in the transfer itinerary, and our "missing" missionary was really a misplaced name. Thank goodness. Unfortunately we had some rides for the missionaries show up about 3 hours late. that was a lot of fun....

New missionaries this transfer ranged in age from 18 to 25. how crazy is that right?

We then had a dinner with the relief society dinner and learned how to be better daughters in God's kingdom.


He had a pretty packed day going in, and a fairly fruitless one going out. However we were able to set up a ride for an investigator to come to church with us, (which he did) that's a plus!


Another early morning, of course it was totally worth it.

We drove out to Charleston at about 5:30 Saturday morning to listen to E. Oaks of the Twelve, E. Hallstrom of the presidency of the Seventy, and Bishop Causse of the Presiding Bishopric. I was surprised at how energetic and upbeat E. Oaks was. He's very spry for his age. He's got a booming voice, and a twinkle in his eye. It was really cool to be there with him.

Also at the meeting were some old friends from a previous area, and to my surprise, R, an investigator from Richlands was there. How crazy is that?


We had a great day at church, we had an investigator there who was asking some really awesome questions. We're way excited for him. 

Later that day we had dinner with a member. They invited their long time family friend, and we started teaching him that night.

No comments: