Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chef Maki's WWW Blueberry Muffins

Sitting around the dinner table today, I tried to distract members of my family from talking about items not appropriate to talk about at the dinner table. (Ever happen to you?) My distraction technique was to throw out the first question that came to mind. "Hey! Tell me what I should blog about next?"

Some ideas I actually got:

What I should blog about next? ("Well, you said to tell you that!")
Best films you can watch with your family
How to create nothing (Followed by a guffaw, chortle, snort)
A thankful list
How to deal with a husband who is never around even when he is around
Traditions
Chubby walking
How to eat yams ("That would be boring.")

Perhaps I might blog about one or two of those interesting suggestions, but for today, I am lazy. Therefore I am pulling out this wonderful recipe to share with you so that I don't have to think. Well, I have been thinking about making some of these for about a week, so they have been on my mind. Hope you try them out. They really are quite delightful.

Wonderful Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

3 cups Whole wheat flour
1 cup White flour, divided
2 Tbs Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Honey
½ cup Butter
2 cups Milk
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
Grated peel from one small lemon
½ bag (8 0z) frozen blueberries

Mix all dry ingredients except ½ cup flour. Add wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed, but not smooth. Mix ½ cup flour with ½ bag of frozen berries. Add to batter. Spoon into greased muffin pan (about 2/3 full). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Someone want to make me some? I am still feeling too lazy to cook.

Please?

Pretty please?

Pretty, pretty please?

Pretty please and cheesy grin?

Okay, enough begging. Enjoy.

{View Kitchen tips from others at www.tammysrecipes.com}

No comments: