Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sad, But True...Mama Rika

It is. It is sad, but truly unavoidable. Those sweet little chubby babies turn into toddlers. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love toddlers. Toddlers are wonderful and cute and precious and silly and curious and more. But, as soon as I notice one of my babies has turned into a toddler, I realize again how quickly they grow up and it tugs my heartstrings. Today marked one of these milestones for me.

After months of listening to 14 year old Sticky harping relentlessly about the length of his little brother's hair, I finally succumbed to the pressure and gave Chubby his first hair cut. He's 18 months old. His hair refused to grow at the front, but got quite long at the back, so I kept leaving it uncut so that he would at least look like he had hair. His biggest brother teased that he sported a mullet hairdo. Various siblings proclaimed we could braid and/or put a ponytail in his hair.

As you can see from this shot, it really wasn't that bad. It was long enough to curl under, so it didn't look as long as it was.
I stuck him in the tub and pulled out a comb and scissors. He likes to have his hair combed, so that helped him be a little less wiggly. It was still difficult to cut a straight line. I'm sure you can relate if you have ever tried to trim a little person's hair!
And, here is my handsome little Chubby admiring his new look in the mirror. He's definitely into toddlerhood now. Next, we are working on potty training. He is off to a good start in the learning process.
Now, tell me truthfully, do you cry when your babies grow up?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I definitely have a hard time when my girls don't want to cuddle anymore. And when I realized my little one is a little girl, not a toddler anymore!

The Wrens said...

His haircut looks great! :) And yes, I totally cried when Max turned one. The time goes by too darn fast. At least we can record everything on our cool blogs :) --Lana