On this day, the task is simple. Or, is it? You should start this at the beginning of a new day, so that you can have the task in mind throughout the day as a reminder. Here's what to do...
- Take a minute or two to put it in your mind to be on the lookout for something that you can turn from a trial into a triumph.
- Once you find it, do it!
- Report back here with your wonderful accomplishment.
- Share the triumph if you want, or just let us all know you were successful!
What exactly do I mean? Here are some examples of things that would qualify:
- Perhaps you were able to stop a negative thought pattern because you remembered today's task and turn it into a positive one.
- Maybe you were able to figure out a way to calmly and pleasantly resolve what would have otherwise been a yucky argument with your spouse, coworker or child.
- Did your dishwasher break down today and you actually found reasons to rejoice in your blessings?
- Someone swerves in front of you as you are driving along and instead of your usual pattern of screaming from your car at the other driver, you remember what you thought about in the morning and you choose to be thankful instead of mad.
- Perhaps you thought of gorging yourself on a pint of Haagen Daaz to drown out your sorrows, but instead you remembered this task and chose the triumph of playing a board game with a friend instead.
Get it? Got it! Good! (If not, feel free to ask questions!)
I am thinking that if I could have at least one of these moments each day, I would be making great improvements in my life.